July 11, 2014

Life is an adventure card-DC reveal SOUS

My eldest son Aaron, turned 21 on Wednesday the 9th and he left for the Finnish army on Monday the 7th..
A 6 months basic training term is mandatory for all males once they turn 18 years old here in Finland, even for my boys since they have dual citizenship, all of my kids were born in the States but we live here permanently..  So, I wanted to create a card for him to celebrate a birthday but at the same time to celebrate another step forward in life..  I won't see him for at least two weeks, after that he will be home most weekends till his 6 months is up..The Finnish army is way more laid back than if you were serving in the States..
but before I talk your ear off, here is the card I created for our die cut reveal over at SOUS and for this week, we were to go with a theme "Going Somewhere!".. 
I wanted to play with colors that weren't on my normal color palette and also some shapes I don't feel comfortable playing with except for the clouds of course :)

how about a few close ups:

added lots of layers using foam tape and lots of little pearl drops.

I printed the title to the label..

for supplies used:

Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette designer edition software
Canon home printer

Digital papers
white cardstock
cutting files: SIL store
foam tape
distress ink
white liquid pearls
white gel pen

I want to thank you for stopping by today and taking a look at what I've created.. For more inspiration, do stop by SOUS and check out the fun projects from our design team..
Till next time..
Have a scrap-tastic weekend
Hugs
Nanné

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Love all the layering.
    ~DT sister, Janis

    ReplyDelete

  2. I would really like to exchange inbound links by using your website is this doable? Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colors, fabulous card! I'd love to travel in this fabulous balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great hot air balloon! Fun color and love the pearl dots!

    ReplyDelete