September 6, 2013

My Happy Place-Die cut reveal SOUS

Us girls are having another die cut reveal today at SOUS and for this week, we have a fun and easy challenge for you.. to use a GATE on your project!!

I decided to create a layout for my daughter's horse album and used lots of die cuts on it.. I had a bunch of fun putting this layout together:

The cute little sheep I created myself.. I just added a bunch of small circles together and welded..
Super simple and lots of fun..

How about some close ups:

Its easy to add your faux stitching with the Silhouette software and you can add it in any color, I prefer white when ever possible :)

close up of my cute little lambs.. the head I created making a oval, that I then edited. pulling on the bottom of it to make it long, the ears are also ovals, but this time I pushed the sides in creating the flap look.. I then welded them all together creating the head :)

the crow is a cutting file I found in the SIL store..
You will find a direct link to the cut down in the supply list :)

side view of the trees.. I inked the edges with Bundled Sage distress ink and then used a pencil to bend the branches forward..
the gate is attached to the layout with foam tape to add a bit of dimension..

The cute little barn and silo I created.. The stable where the horse is at is red, so its why I added the barn and silo to the layout :) and the white faux stitching is printed onto the die cuts using the Silhouette software..
Here is a link to a tutorial on how to create the Faux stitching, its not my own video..

for a list of supplies used:

Silhouette Cameo
Canon Printer

Silhouette designer edition software
White cardstock
digital papers: Mysweetshoppe
Free fonts

distress inks: rusting hinge, tumbled glass and bundled sage
foam tape

Die cuts: Silhouette Store
Flowers (the center flower)

Scalloped square and sheep I created myself :)

Well, there ya have it ladies.. I hope my post was helpful and I hope you get some fun projects created with those adorable die cuts I linked for you..  I've had some requests for tutorials on how I create my layout, so hopefully I can get some made for you real soon.. Just trying to find some free time seems like an impossible task..LOL
Do stop by SOUS and check out what amazing projects the rest of our amazing design team has created for this challenge..
Have a scrap-tastic weekend..
Hugs
Nanné






8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic layout! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another FABULOUS layout my crafty friend!!!! Your lamb is so cute and clever!!! I always look forward to seeing your wonderful work!
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous layout! I love your cute critters and the trees, heck I love everything about this layout! I didn't know that you could print stitching on your die cuts with the Cameo. That is so cool!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you will create tutorials. I will certainly watch out for them. I love your layout and all the awesome cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanne, always amazing. I could be inspired by your projects alone for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.....what can I say, this is awesome, the detail is amazing! Love the cute sheep you created:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! One of my most favorite ever! PS I head back to work tomorrow. And Dan is coming along nicely although he/we had a rough few days. Take care! Hope the cat has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your farm layout!! All the fun details just draw you right in!
    ~Kim http://kimsscrapbookaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete