August 13, 2012

Art Journal tag-YMH DT reveal

Cause its a manic Monday..LOL  <--( I bet you sang that)
 Not really, but just wanted to share with you how I have been so interested and in love with Art Journaling.. I've been dying to start my own journaling book, but just haven't had any spare time.. But, for today's reveal for Your Memories Here, I decided to start my Art Journaling journey by making an Art Journaling tag..
Try saying that three times fast..LOL

Here is what I ended up creating and mind you, it's my first so be gentle with me..


I started off with just plain white cardstock, trimmed it down to 6 1/4" x 3 1/8" , used my edge punch and snipped the upper corners off, you can do that with scissors as well.  Then glued some Prima papers down to it, I used Prima Songbird 6x6 collection.
I then took some distress ink and rubbed it over the edges with my inking tool..
I then grabbed my small stash of random stamps that I've collected over the years decided to go all Tim Holtz on this tag.. 


I first stamped it with the paisley stamp.. using ranger black suit on all of the stamping.. Then added the crowns.. The sentiment is from one of Tim Holtz stamp sets.. stamped it on a piece of white paper, cut it into strips,  inked the edges and then randomly glued it down with glossy accents.. I went over the text with a black fine tip marker, adding a few drops of white marker and then random doodling ..


I also dug around my chipboard box.  I have some grunge board elements hidden away and decided it was about time to put the crown and heart to good use.. painted them both gold with Ranger paint dabbers.. then added some gold perfect pearls and some Wild Honey distress stickles to the chipboard pieces.. I attached those with some strong Helmars quick dry adhesive..

Here you can see the heart.. I inked the edge with black suit distress ink.. and I distressed the edges with my distress tool...

All right then fellow crafter's.. That's my Monday post for this week.. 
I want to thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my tag and I hope it has inspired you to start on an Art Journal of your own, even if just starting with a tag like I did :)  for supplies, check out Your Memories Here..
Hope everyone has a scrap-sational week..
hugs

4 comments:

  1. Hellooooooooo Nanne! Hope you are having a fabulous summer! It is summer there, right? LOL! Your art journal looks fantastic! Love the grungeboard, doodling and the overall metallic look to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journal tag, it looks fabulous! Great job Nana:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanne this is stunning! I love the colors. All the details absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Nanne! Love all of the stamping and the title looks great! Like the dots your added to the letters!!

    ReplyDelete