June 15, 2012

Celebrating Fathers- SOUS die cut reveal

Hello fellow Crafters..
Us girls over at Stuck On U Sketches are having out Die Reveal today and this time Sandi chose "CELEBRATE FATHERS!"..  Because I'm a silly wife and mother, I decided to create a silly father's day gift for my hubby.. He is a beer drinking man and I thought to create a six pack carrier for him as a gift.. but, since I cut it all from chipboard and pieced it together with glue, I'm sure its more for decoration than actual use.. 

It was a lot of fun to create and so, here it is:


I cut the beer bottles using my Create-a-Critter cartridge.. They are actually the Milk bottles, I just shrunk them a bit and stretched them using my Cricut Craftroom sofware.. The bottles ended up being not finished, since I did the update for CCR and my Imagine stopped working properly after that..
I will however, some how get the BEER text onto the bottles eventually..

here are a few close ups:


The tag I actually designed on CCR and just printed it.  Then cut it with my paper trimmer.. It was super fun and simple.. I actually have a tutorial posted on the right hand side of my blog's side bar for a tutorial on how you can create an original sentiment tag and just print it.

for supplies used:

Cricut Imagine
Cricut Craftroom design software

Imagine Cartridge:  Kate's Kitchen

Original Cartridges:

George and Basic Shapes:
squares (tag), stars and bottle labels

Old West:
font. DAD

Plantin Schoolbook:
font: of the

Songbird:
font: beer

Create-a-Critter:
Bottles 

white cardstock
printed papers by: Colorbök
bottle tops
button
bakers twine
MS edge punch
distress ink: edges
foam tape

well fellow crafters..That's my Friday post for this week.. Do stop by Stuck On U Sketches and check out what the other amazing design team members have created for this die cut challenge..

I want to thank you for stopping by today and hope everyone has a scrap-tastic weekend..
hugs

 

9 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Love the way you made the little beer bottles. You could scan in one of your hubby's favorite beer labels, or find a pic of it on the web, then print it out and trim to fit? I don't know how that would work...just an idea. That stinks that your imagine stopped working right. :/ Anyway...love your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fun creation....the beer bottles look great with the bottle caps hanging. The title is just perfect !1

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just too cute......LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea Nan, I love the papers and cuts you used
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that just so cute. Love the title on the carrier. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this whole project! Excited to see an altered item this time! And milk bottles for beer .. genius! Have a good one, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You turned innocent milk into beer...
    You vixen you!
    LOL! No wonder Mike's so in love!
    Hehe...this is an awesome project and really
    really cool!
    What a great idea girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darn creative and cool! Love it. As always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE the way you used the differe3nt fonts for each part of the sentiment!! Was definitely worht the extra effort!!!

    xoxoxox

    Jessica @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete