February 8, 2012

Colors of Love- DT for Whimsical Wednesdays

With Valentines Day (a.k.a my wedding anniversary) right around the corner, us girls over at Whimsical Wednesdays were challenged with a color challenge this week..  "Colors of Love!" is the theme and we were asked to use RED and WHITE on your card, plus one additional color.. 

Once again, I jumped at the chance of designing a card on CCR and this is what I ended up with...

I measured the card at 5" x 7" and used my cuttlebug and my dots embossing folder to add some embossing to the card.. plus, Stephanie's cute sentiment.. I'm giving this to my hubby on our anniversary..LOL 

for a few close ups of the card.


I mean seriously, look how clean and crisp that stamped image is.. 


My little heart charm locket.. Aaaaaw..LOL

I once again I used the Whimsical Designs stamp collection:
With Love

and for supplies used:


Cricut Craft Room: design
Cricut Imagine

cartridges used:
Sweethearts: Couple
George and Basic Shapes: Blurb and circle
Bloom: scalloped circle

white cardstock
red papers: unknown
cuttlebug
 dots embossing folder
white ribbon
heart Charm
foam dots

Well ladies.. That's it for me for today.. Stop by Whimsical Wednesdays and check out what amazing cards the rest of our Design Team members have created.. 
I hope everyone has a scra-tastic week..
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Aww, Nanne, that is so sweet! I love the simplicity of the design with the pop of the embossing. Does this mean you get roses AND chocolates on Valentines Day? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Nanne! I love all the embossing and the way you added the quote balloon! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nanne, I just adore this!
    Very cute!
    Its kinda something a bit different
    for you and that's always fun...you
    always push the limit though!
    I wonder...is there a naughty card to
    go w/ this one? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Nanne! (And happy early anniversary!) I love the combination of polka dot paper with the embossed dots! Lovely. I love that you embossed the white silhouettes.. I don't see it often (if ever), and it looks really nice. :o) Beautifully layers and lovely charm! Marvelous work. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary nanne :) super sweet card i too like the embossing and your cute lil charm :) have a fab day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! The embossing and the polka dots go so well together! Love that little heart charm, too!
    Debbie
    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo sweet!!!! love the embossing!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete