November 21, 2011

Lovely ladies-DT project for YMH

Happy Monday ladies... 
 I am practically dying to share another project I created with my handy dandy Prima Grab bag,.. from Your Memories Here that I received the Prima Printery collection and it had lots and lots of goodies in it, but I wanted to play around with color this time and see exactly what colors work together..

Here is my layout I created:


So, I started out by getting some brown cardstock and a few stamps.. I first used one of the smaller stamps in the Tattered Angels Architectural Set,  Ranger Embossing ink and clear embossing powder.. stamped it randomly on the top of my layout and then heat set the embossing powder.. Rubbing Distress Ink over it afterwards and realized it almost resembles burlap.. how cool is that ? and I got lots of ideas running through my head on how else I can end up using it.. Hmmmmm
My stamped butterflies..


I cut a 8x8 piece of black cardstock and then use one my MS around the edge punches to make the base of my photo mat then started layering the Printery Papers.. choosing the blacks , tans and creams this time..
I distressed the edges and got everything glued down..
I then played around with some of the flowers in my stash and decided to use the aqua colored Prima roses.. In the grab bag comes a big selection of different colored flowers and the aqua rose with the gem in the middle, is one those flowers.. Loving it!!
I did some fussy cutting on this layout .. There are so  many wonderful images on these papers and I didn't want to leave anything out.. the clock above the photo is fussy cut from the same piece of paper as are the little circle images.. which I used my 1" hole punch and punched those out..
I also used some of the Gem glue to glue down the string of pearl, which I love this stuff cause it leaves no glue to see once its dry.. I used to use glossy accents, but it left a shiny streak.  Not this stuff.. Its perfect!!
I did add some Crackle Accents to the face of the clock, which I love how old and vintage it turned out.
The above photo is of my daughter on the left, my mom in the middle and me on the right..
close up of the crackled clock..
see.. No glue streaks under the pearls..

I did end up using some of my own embellishments, like the feathers,lace, ribbon, string of pearl, some of the flowers,  leaves, fragment charms and pearl halves.. 


I also grabbed a Tim Holtz fragment charm and crackle accented a piece of the punched paper onto the back of, adding some ribbon and then pop dotted it behind the flowers in the left corner.. I noticed that it did not crackle as I had hoped..LOL  lesson learned!!
These smaller flowers (its a set) you see in this upper photo also come in the grab bag. I love the colors and go well with so many color variations..


I had a way too much fun putting this layout together and trying out new techniques..
so, from the Your Memories Here store I used.



from my own stash. 
distress tool, MS edge punch,  Aqua roses, small flowers, string of pearl, pearl halves, Tim Holtz Stamps, Stay-z-on black ink pad, fragment charm, hat pins, leaves, lace and ribbon..

well ladies... That does it for me for this Monday.. I want to thank you all for stopping by and checking out what I've been working.. I certainly hope I have inspired you to grab your Prima's and get crafting...LOL
Hope everyone has a wonderfully crafty week..
Hugs

2 comments:

  1. really beautiful...I love that collection :) and I LOVE LOVE that crackle clock

    ReplyDelete
  2. That texture you've achieved is sooo cool! Beautiful pic that you've managed to make sort of vintage looking and all the embellies are to die for! Gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete