April 29, 2011

Best Buds-SOUS reveal April 29th

I just realized that this is the last sketch reveal for April..wow, how fast time flies !
We chose a semi simple, but yet elegant sketch to celebrate the end of April.. I loved it and was able to once again, add my own twist to the sketch.. The butterflies inspired me so much, that I wanted to add flowers !!..LOL yea, what else is new right?..LOL
so, here is my take on our sketch:
I wanted to keep the background colors real simple with greys and light browns and then the color actually coming from the flowers and butterflies.. Thought that they would stick out a bit more.. I absolutely love how this layout came out.. 
The photos are of my daughter Amber and her doggy Tudor.. These pics were taken last summer at her boyfriends summer cabin, they were out boating and then fishing.. She no longer has Tudor because she realized that she didn't have enough time for him and now he is owned by a young couple with two small children that have lots of time for him.. They loved him the minute they seen him.. He is a real sweetheart!!

 here is the sketch that I used to create this layout:
I made a journaling tag instead of just writing directly on the layout.. this way I was able to print out the text with my computer instead of my own handwriting..LOL

and for a few close ups of the layout:








and for the supplies used:

Cricut cartridges:
Home Decor: Scalloped circle (shadow)
Home Accents: Butterflies (shadow)
George and Basic Shapes: Circle
Nates ABC's: Font (Best Buds)

Papers: DCWV Linen Closet
cardstock: light blue, white and brown

flowers and leaves by: Iamroses
pearl brads: Papermania
Liquid pearl (white)
String of pearl(off white)
Martha Stewart deep edge punch
Pearl drops: Prima E-line
Hat pins (2 with pearl)
Tim Holtz distress ink: Vintage Photo
black fine tip marker for faux stitching..

alright ladies.. that about does it for the list of supplies.. I'm always afraid I forget something..LOL
I certainly hope you get a min or two to stop by SOUS this week and join in on the fun.. As you know, us girls would love to see your take on this weeks sketch..
Thank you all so much for stopping by and leaving me some love.. I love to read your comments so don't be afraid to share..
Hope everyone has a great and creative weekend..
Hugs
Nanné

12 comments:

  1. Fabulously girly page .. love the flowers of course .. but love the colors .. I enjoyed using brown and blue this time .. I'd love to do this sketch again and make a frilly one. Thanks for choosing it! Have a good weekend, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo super pretty!!! Love that you followed this gorgeous sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I love love love the colors and the photo's are so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh so pretty...luv all those primaz and the butterflies are tooo precious...of course the pics are gorgeous...beautiful subjects to scrap...a masterpiece as always my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Nanne! Love your cluster of flowers, and the butterflies makes it even more stunning! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again your layout is AMAZING!You always blew me away with you super beautiful projects!Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful LO Nanne ... loved the colours & your cute butterflies ... luv X:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those colors together, very pretty page, as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my ... just INCREDIBLE! I really am in love with all the blue and how it just pops so delicately with the softer colors! Oh Nanne.. just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...Great post!!!! This is lovely card.. This is just darling.. This photo is very beautiful.. Those flower works are great. I love this butterflies design,you've done fabulous work...
    Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful layout, Nanne!!! You did a fantastic job using the sketch... I love the soft colors you used on this one and the flowers, hat pins and butterflies are beautiful!!! Cute photos and I'm so glad that Tudor has found a good home!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete