February 28, 2010

Cutting The Cheese..LOL

 

I got a kick out making this layout.  The story behind the layout is, My dd started working at the same grocery store I do and once she got the hang of everything she actually received a department she had to take care of and in this case , she got the cheese department.. We sell a lot specialty cheeses from around the world and they come in these big 10 lb bricks, etc.. I took a few photos of her at work and wanted to make a funny layout with them.. She approved!!  LOL  :O)
Hope you get a good laugh out of this one..

Here are some close ups and all of the details to making this layout
  
 Close up of the title and of the little mouse I pieced together.

  
This actually says "Stinky Fromage!" which of course means stinky cheese.. She always complains about how bad some of them smell..LOL

  

 And finally a close up of the other little mouse I pieced together.. I think he came out very cute..

Supplies Used:

Cricut cartridge: George and Basic Shapes
Mice, chees slice and cheese bricks

Cricut Cartrige:  Sentiments (new)
background, photo matts and flies

Cricut Cartridge: A Childs Year
Leaves and title font

Cricut Cartridge: Paper Doll Dress Up
smokey thingys..LOL
Cricut cartridge:  Opposites Attract
circle and subtitle font

Papers: Graphic 45
cardstock: light yellow, olive green, light pink and grey

Peachy Keen stamps: eyes
zig black marker: whiskers
white gel pen: highlights on mice
gold pearl drops
fiskars border punch for the corner punches
pop dots
zig two way glue pen
Tim Holtz Distress Inks:  Dried Marigold and scattered straw
chalks:
grey: mouse
pink: mouse ears and nose
Yellow and orange: cheese slice, cheese bricks and smoke
Green: leaves

I think that about does it for the supplies..
Sandy Windsor does a great tutorial on those photo corners, you should check them out..
just click HERE..
aaaaaaaaand if you want to try making these mice, I have the cut file for that HERE. 

Thank you ladies so much for looking..
Hugs

27 comments:

  1. I love love love everything about this lo!! As always you did a awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..very cute..I did get a laugh out of this...Love the title...so stinking cute...I also left you something on my blog..so come by later and check it out..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is great! The title just cracked me up! My DH LOVES cheese, the stinkier the better. When we hit the cheese shop I make him store his quadruple wrapped in the garage fridge so as not to pollute the house. LOL The little mice are sooo adorable and love the aroma coming out of the cheese! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. with beautifull and fun layouts like this there is no wonder i have left you an award over on my blog
    hugs
    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Feb. 28, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nanne, this is just wonderful! The title, the pictures, the colors, everything is just perfect! So many details... they are all so pretty! You are a great inspiration! Thank you for sharing everything! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, that is really a kicker. I love cheese. keep up your spectular work, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the title, hee-hee, and LOVE the layout! Just super!!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable! Love the little mice and the story behind it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastically fun layout! Love the title and the mouse is such a little "stinker"! LOL! The smokey thingies almost have me smelling it! Another great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great LO Nanne. I love your little mouse! Your daughter must have gotten a big kick out of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nanne this is way too cute and funny! The little mice are cleverly pieced together and totally cute. Love all the inking and chalking it adds so much depth. Now I have to check out the Sentiments cart as I just love the photo mats. Awesome!

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you have a ton of awards but I wanted to pass this along to you because your work is stunning & it make me happy - I smile everytime I click on your blog & see your work! You don't have to pass it on.

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute layout, love all the details, esspecially the little mice

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too cute!!! The mice are adorable and the title is sooo funny!!! Great photos and love the colors you used!! Nanne, it's absolutely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great layout!! I absolutely love your work. I have a blog award for you on my blog. When you get a chance, go there and check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stop by my blog today. I have something there for you :)
    http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/03/awarded-twice-in-one-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! And what a catchy title to grab everyone's attention! :O)

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! I love the story AND the layout. :) tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous and unbelievably creative layout! Your layouts are so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is Sooooo Stinkin Cute....I'm just sayin....LOL...loved this in the design stage and when you add your crafty magic to it it simply comes to life...you are such a hoot nanne...i love your humor and fun way of looking at life....your daughter must just love this...and her mom for being so much fun! Some day I hape to chalk and ink just half as well as you do....I just bought some new tim holtz goodies...maybe that will get me going....love this and you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This made me smile... and the title made me laugh out loud...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just found your site and WOW I'm in heaven. You do such wonderful, awesome, great work. Plus you're so generous to share the instructions. Thank you so so much. I do not have any Cricut program other than a Gypsy. Do you ever share your files in Gypsy format? Again, you are awesome and now I'm off to explore every inch of your site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Nanne,
    I left you a beautiful blog award over at scrappinthememories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is ADORABLE!!! Love it! I've nominated you for (another) blog award since I love your work soooooo much! You can grab it from my blog at: http://LivingOrganizedChaos.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete