June 2, 2009

BABY word album

This is my very first word album so please be gentle with me..LOL :OP

A good friend of mine gave birth to a bouncing baby boy 4 weeks ago.. She lives a little bit away, so I don't get to see her everyday. I'm planning a visit for Thursday June 4th. I will be giving this to her as a surprise..
I misplaced my O-rings, which means I have to buy new ones..thats why their missing from the pic..LOL
This is the first letter, of couse..duh!.. She loves bold colors, so I didn't want to use pastels..
Added a pull out tag so she can journal something in there to go along with the photo that I have matted ready for her.
Here she can doodle the time and date the baby was born, plus add a photo.
sorry this is a bit blurry..
Little toes.. love baby toes.. The final page..

I cut the WHOLE album using my Cricut personal elec.dye cutter and the Plantin Schoolbook cart.. I cut it 5" tall and started with the whole matt lenght for the "Y"..and then just made them shorter by letter..
Just welded a long tag to the letter using the design studio software.
I also thought to recycle some of the cardboard that you get with the paper stacks you buy.

Supplies used:
  • Cricut Cart: Plantin Schoolbook-Album
  • Cricut Cart: Graphically Speaking- titles and flowers
  • Cricut cart: Accent Essentials- frame(pic)
  • Cricut cart: My Community- Feet
  • HOTP - For boys to men papers
  • blue, red and yellow cardstock
  • recycled matt stack back cover-cardboard album
  • buttons
  • stickle
  • ribbon
Thank you so much for looking.. any comments are highly appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment