April 18, 2009

Boys will B boys



My little boy! He will be 16 in July.. how fast time flies.
I read some place about saving on scraps when using 6x6 papers for cutting and cricuting. I bought a set. First of all, I saved tons of money and secondly, hardly any scraps left worth keeping. I used up 1/4 of the set and still have plenty left over. I love this LO I made today of my oldest son when he was 2yrs old.
when I buy cardstock, I usually buy it in sets (autumn colors, summer colors, etc). I'm not comfy using bright colors, but I guess Im getting more confidence daily. I have a lot of orange cardstock, seems like I never have use for it. I decided to use a sheet of it today.. but, you can mostly see the blues..
  • I used All mixed up cart for the title
  • doodlecharms for the bee(bug and decapatated dragonfly for the wings, since I don't have a bee cut)
  • Accent Essentials for the title box.
  • Stencil swirls
  • K&co 6x6 hopscotch boy paper pad.

I also noticed that the cutting matt wasn't getting worn as fast with the smaller papers attached to it.

1 comment:

  1. This is the LO that brought me to your blog! LOVE the colors!
    Soooo happy I found your blog! Thanks for all the inspiration! Wish I could take photos as nice as yours!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete